1. General Information
All orders are subject to product availability. If an item is not in stock at the time you place your order, we will notify you and refund you the total amount of your order, using the original method of payment or give you the option to backorder the item.
2. Delivery Location
Items offered on our website are only available for delivery to addresses in Australia. Any shipments outside of Australia are not available at this time.
3. Delivery Time
An estimated delivery time will be provided to you once your order is placed. Delivery times are estimates and commence from the date of shipping, rather than the date of order. Delivery times are to be used as a guide only and are subject to the acceptance and approval of your order. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we make every effort to fulfill your order within 2 business days of the date of your order. Business day means Monday to Friday, except holidays. Please note we do not ship on Sundays. Date of delivery may vary due to carrier shipping practices, delivery location, method of delivery, and the items ordered. Products may also be delivered in separate shipments.
4. Delivery Instructions
You can provide special delivery instructions on the checkout page of our website.
5. Shipping Costs
Shipping costs are based on the location and the delivery method. A minimum of $15 will be added to your order for freight and packaging. If the weight exceeds this threshold our staff will manually calculate the shipping rate based off Australia Post rates. Please note that Australia Post rates do not take into consideration our packaging costs. Additional shipping charges may apply to remote areas or for large or heavy items.
6. Damaged Items in Transport
If there is any damage to the product on delivery, contact us immediately on 07 4691 1620.
7. Truck/Van Deliveries - Only in selected towns around the Darling Downs and Maranoa
As our delivery truck runs on a tight schedule a common meeting point and scheduled time must be made with the delivery truck driver as to avoid extra distances of travel and long delays.
- No batteries will be delivered other than to wholesale customers unless approval is gained by management.
- No guns or pistols to be delivered by the truck.
- Powder, ammunition, projectile and accessory orders over $200 are freight free – must be shown on the invoice that it is the battery truck is delivering at no charge.
- Powder, ammunition, projectile and accessory orders under $200 attract a $35 freight surcharge.
- Gun safes under 150kg will attract a $50 freight surcharge. Our truck driver will assist in unloading the safe only. Gun safes over 85kg are a 3 man lift
- Gun safes over 150kg attract a $150 freight surcharge and must be delivered to a premise with a forklift.
- If customer contact cannot be made once arrived at meeting point, the driver will wait 10 minutes before continuing & stock returned back to the store.
- Goods undelivered returned to the Store if cancelled will attract the usual 20% restocking fee.
- Goods undelivered that require a re-delivery will incur a $50 re charge for this. This amount will be paid before it is scheduled for the next run.
- Goods undelivered and where no contact is made with the barn will be put back into stock after 8 weeks, a restocking fee of 20% and storage and handling will be deducted from any amount refunded.
- Goods undelivered where a customer does not show up at the prescribed time and location will be immediately documented internally at The Barn for internal Tracking and Reference.
If you have any questions about the delivery and shipment or your order, please contact us at on 07 4691 1620.
9. Transfer Fees
9.1: Fees for Interstate Transfers (receiving) - where a customer has purchased their firearm from another individual or dealer:
- Receiving a firearm for transfer - includes 7 day storage $50 inc GST
- Additional storage fees per week per firearm $11 inc GST
9.2: Fees for Interstate Transfers (disposing) - where a customer has sold their firearm to an individual or dealer:
- Postage and handling fees for firearms, pistols & boxes under 113cm in all states except WA - $60 inc GST
- Postage and handling fees for firearms & boxes over 113cm in all states except WA - $95 inc GST
- Postage and handling fees for firearms & boxes to a dealer within 30kms of Perth CBD - $150 inc GST
- Transfer fees (to bring firearm into The Barn's Firearm Register) for all firearms going anywhere in Australia $50 inc GST.
9.3 QLD Permint Brokerage - individual to individual (private sales)
- Base fee for standard brokerages per firearm - $11 inc GST
- If the firearm has to be transferred through The Barn's firearm register as we are listed as the disposer, transfer fees of $50 inc GST.
- Where a serial number has to added (stamped or engraved), an administration fee of $36.30 inc GST per firearm.
- If a firearm has to be dismantled and re-assembled to find the matching serial numbers to the registration paperwork $36.30 inc GST per firearm.