1. General Information
All orders are subject to product availability. If an item is not in stock at the time you place your order, we will notify you and refund you the total amount of your order, using the original method of payment or give you the option to backorder the item.
2. Delivery Location
Items offered on our website are only available for delivery to addresses in Australia. Any shipments outside of Australia are not available at this time.
3. Delivery Time
An estimated delivery time will be provided to you once your order is placed. Delivery times are estimates and commence from the date of shipping, rather than the date of order. Delivery times are to be used as a guide only and are subject to the acceptance and approval of your order. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we make every effort to fulfill your order within 2 business days of the date of your order. Business day means Monday to Friday, except holidays. Please note we do not ship on Saturdays or Sundays. Date of delivery may vary due to carrier shipping practices, delivery location, method of delivery, and the items ordered. Products may also be delivered in separate shipments.
4. Delivery Instructions
You can provide special delivery instructions on the checkout page of our website.
5. Shipping Costs
Shipping costs are based on the location and the delivery method. A minimum of $15 will be added to your order for freight and packaging. If the weight exceeds this threshold our staff will manually calculate the shipping rate based off Australia Post rates. Please note that Australia Post rates do not take into consideration our packaging costs and insurance on the parcel. Additional shipping charges may apply to remote areas or for large or heavy items.
As of November 1 2023 Australia Post has introduced new size limits to parcels. These are as follows –
- Weight: actual weight of up to 22kg
- Length: longest side up to 105cm
- Volume: cubic volume up to 0.25 cubic metres
We have had to adjust our shipping policy to come into line with these updated requirements. Please take note of procedures to send oversize parcels throughout the country.
Queensland customers please note. We are not able to freight any parcel over 105cm to a private residential address. We can send your firearm to any dealer in Queensland and then you would have to apply for the PTA from your local dealer. Queensland freight charges for a few different scenerios are shown below.
1. QLD Customer purchase a firearm from The Barn and the gun is under 103cm. $60 Shipping.
2. QLD Customer purchases a firearm from The Barn and is applying for the PTA from The Barn, gun is over 105cm. Freight charge of $100. Factory box will be shortened to meet Australia Post requirements. Gun may have to be dismantled and taken out of stock.
3. QLD Customer purchases a firearm from The Barn and is applying for the PTA from The Barn, gun is under 105cm but comes in a hard case that is over 105cm. Freight charge of $100-$125 depending on the location. Firearm will be sent to the customers address as shown on the PTA. Hard case can be sent via a secure courier. Our secure courier is only able to send to a business address.
4. QLD Customer purchases a firearm from The Barn and is applying for the PTA from his local dealer, gun is over 105cm. Freight charge of $100. Factory box can remain unaltered and the gun will be freighted to your local dealer via a secure carrier. Please note : You may get charged an administration fee from your local dealer.
5. QLD Customer purchases a firearm from The Barn that is over 105CM and is not able to be taken out of the stock. This gun must be sent to a QLD dealer and customer would apply for the PTA from this dealer.
Customers from NSW, VIC, TAS, NT. ACT, SA –
1. Any firearm that is under 103cm. $60 shipping to your local dealer.
2. New gun in box over 103cm. $100 freight charge. To be sent via Secure courier. Please note. Due to time constraints. If we have to pull a gun out of a stock or cut down the box to send the gun to any interstate dealer. The $100 freight charge will apply.
3. Second hand gun over 103cm. $100 freight charge. To be sent via Secure courier. Please note. Due to time constraints. If we have to pull a gun out of a stock or cut down the box to send the gun to any interstate dealer. The $100 freight charge will apply.
4. Gun case or parcel not containing firearm parts or firearms. May be sent via a secure carrier to a registered business address. $100 freight charge.
Shipping via our secure courier service -
The service we utilise only ships to business addresses and hence businesses that are open between 8.00am and 5.00pm. We will not ship your package to a premise that is not a business address and open between these hours. We are only able to ship guns over 105cm via Startrack on Mondays and Tuesdays. Please note : Tracking will not be given for Startrack parcels however the service has been very quick and usually takes under 1 week to arrive to your dealer.
6. Damaged Items in Transport
If there is any damage to the product on delivery, contact us immediately on 07 4691 1620.
7. Truck/Van Deliveries - Only in selected towns around the Darling Downs and Maranoa
As our delivery truck runs on a tight schedule a common meeting point and scheduled time must be made with the delivery truck driver as to avoid extra distances of travel and long delays.
- No batteries will be delivered other than to wholesale customers unless approval is gained by management.
- No guns or pistols to be delivered by the truck.
- Powder, ammunition, projectile and accessory orders over $250 are freight free – must be shown on the invoice that it is the battery truck is delivering at no charge.
- Powder, ammunition, projectile and accessory orders under $250 attract a $15 freight surcharge.
- Gun safes under 150kg will attract a $50 freight surcharge. Our truck driver will assist in unloading the safe only. Gun safes over 85kg are a 3 man lift
- Gun safes over 150kg attract a $150 freight surcharge and must be delivered to a premise with a forklift.
- If customer contact cannot be made once arrived at meeting point, the driver will wait 10 minutes before continuing & stock returned back to the store.
- Goods undelivered returned to the Store if cancelled will attract the usual 20% restocking fee.
- Goods undelivered that require a re-delivery will incur a $50 re charge for this. This amount will be paid before it is scheduled for the next run.
- Goods undelivered and where no contact is made with the barn will be put back into stock after 8 weeks, a restocking fee of 20% and storage and handling will be deducted from any amount refunded.
- Goods undelivered where a customer does not show up at the prescribed time and location will be immediately documented internally at The Barn for internal Tracking and Reference.
If you have any questions about the delivery and shipment or your order, please contact us at on 07 4691 1620.
9. Transfer Fees
9.1: Fees for Interstate Transfers (receiving) - where a customer has purchased their firearm from another individual or dealer:
- Receiving a firearm for transfer - includes 7 day storage $50 inc GST
- Additional storage fees per week per firearm $11 inc GST
9.2: Fees for Interstate Transfers (disposing) - where a customer has sold their firearm to an individual or dealer:
- Postage and handling fees for firearms, pistols & boxes under 113cm in all states except WA - $60 inc GST. Firearm may arrived at dealer disassembled to meet Australia Post length requirements.
- For all firearm & firearm parts to WA, procedure as follows:
- Freight to Brisbane dealer $40 (firearms) or $20 (firearm parts)
- $75 transfer fee payable to WA Dealer
- Freight for consignment (usually anywhere between $50-$100 roughly)
- Transfer fees (to bring firearm into The Barn's Firearm Register) for all firearms going anywhere in Australia $50 inc GST.
9.3 QLD Permint Brokerage - individual to individual (private sales)
- Base fee for standard brokerages per firearm - $11 inc GST
- If the firearm has to be transferred through The Barn's firearm register as we are listed as the disposer, transfer fees of $50 inc GST.
- Where a serial number has to added (stamped or engraved), an administration fee of $36.30 inc GST per firearm.
- If a firearm has to be dismantled and re-assembled to find the matching serial numbers to the registration paperwork $36.30 inc GST per firearm
10. Interstate transfers
The Barn is happy to ship a gun that has been purchased to the majority of dealers in the Australian firearms dealer network. If your chosen dealer is not on our list of interstate preferred dealers, you may select another dealer that is on this list. Should you not want to select another dealer, standard cancelation fees will apply to this transaction. We need a current copy of the receiving dealers license before this transaction can take place.
11. Deliveries to Club Amourers
All firearms that are going to a club armourer at the customer's request will be sent via Australia Post unless they are likely to be over 113cm when packaged. If they are over 113cm they must be sent to a dealership with a shopfront and is staffed during normal business hours on weekdays. This is to prevent the situation where a delivery is attempted by courier and no-one is there to receive the package. Any additional re-delivery fees will be passed on to the customer. Please note : we can only send the firearm to the address that is stated on the club armourers license. In the case that it is to be sent to a PO Box. We need physical proof that this PO Box is linked to the club armourer. Eg: Electricity bill or rates notice.