Layby Terms & Conditions
ALL GOODS SOLD ON "LAY-BY" BASIS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
- Minimum Deposit of $100 required for laybys under $400 or 25% of the total purchase price shall be payable at the time of the original purchase.
- The balance shall be payable by fortnightly instalments over a term of eight (8) weeks.
- Gun safes, gun powder and ammunition strictly a 7 day layby and collection. All other terms and conditions apply but a 20% restocking fee will apply if not collected within 7 days of purchase.
- Any purchases cancelled shall be liable to a cancellation fee of 20% of the total purchase price which will be deducted from any refund payable on cancellation of the purchase. Any refund due will only be valid for cancellations made within the specified lay-by period. To further expand on this, should any layby be cancelled outside of the specified layby period, any monies paid will be forfeited as payment of storage and administration fees associated.
- Administration charges $33 + GST = $36.30 (minimum).
- Cancellations within the specified layby period of 8 weeks from invoice date, due to legal preclusion shall, on written official substantiation thereof, be refunded in full. This only applies to transactions where the customer is attempting to purchase a firearm that he is licensed to own. Any cancelation outside of this 8 week period will be subject to cancellation fees.
- Goods partially or wholly paid for will be stored by us for a period of 8 weeks at no charge. Thereafter a storage fee of $10 + GST = $11 per week per firearm and $10 + GST = $11 per week per order will apply. Unclaimed goods or goods not purchased in accordance with the these terms and conditions can be disposed of at the discretion of The Barn (Oakey) Pty Ltd after the said 8 weeks to recover storage and administration costs.
- Property in any goods supplied by The Barn (Oakey) Pty Ltd will not pass to the purchaser until such time as the goods have been paid for in full and all monies owed to The Barn (Oakey) Pty Ltd paid in full.
- Any items invoiced at discounted prices will revert to our standard list pricing if not paid for on or before the due date shown on the invoice.
- Any firearm sent interstate to a dealer that arrives with cosmetic issues, The Barn needs to be informed prior to the firearm leaving that dealer. The Barn will not be responsible for administration or PTA charges should the firearm be disposed of & leave the premise.
The Barn at its discretion may take a deposit on a firearm when a customer is still waiting for their firearms license application to be granted. Due to the confinements of the amount of storage space and safe room we have, The Barn is only able to begin this process one month after the individual has presented at the Police station for the necessary checks. This method of layby also requires the customer to submit their PTA upon placing the deposit to cut down on the waiting time. This will mean that the individuals license should be approved before the 2 month free storage period has elapsed.